In view of its scientific and technical background and its general commitment toward industries and society, University of Bonab takes advantage of advanced facilities including suitable educational spaces, laboratories, multimedia halls and classes with full equipment and, if needed, there are enough facilities to organize English language courses for students, industrial workers and the general public. After establishment of a special center to organize short-term courses, available courses were put on the website of the university and their diversity will increase in time. Applicants can take part in educational classes to both increase their knowledge and revel in the fascinating environment of University of Bonab. It should be noted that University of Bonab can organize all kinds of courses as required by organizations and various companies. Such courses can be organized as required by legal entities.
On the other hand, the short-term programs which usually offered at the summer term are an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in scientific research projects at laboratories or take some important courses in the relative study field. Students from partner universities are eligible to participate. Please refer to the list of partner universities and designated institutions in here to determine eligibility. These courses are held under the license of the Ministry of Science, Research and Education Office.
The program aims to give undergraduate and graduate students the chance to gain short-term education experience or a short research opportunity in their scientific fields. Students will build their researching skills and expand their networks even outside home university. Students will also have the opportunity to work with the University of Bonab students to build friendships and share knowledge they can use in further collaborative efforts. While the full-time laboratory program is three to six weeks long (depending on the laboratory the student belongs to), the program also provides students with chances to learn about the Iranian culture and language. Additionally, summer program students are welcome to use the campus facilities (libraries, health center, gymnasium).
At the conclusion of the program, students must give a presentation in their laboratory and complete a report. Students will receive a Completion Certificate provided the report has been submitted. Program participants will not receive academic credits, units, or grades for their participation.
3–6 weeks between July 6, and September 6. Students must start the program on either June 5. Program start dates and durations vary depending on the circumstances; please refer to the Academic Calendar in here.
Course topics & Host labs for research:
See the List of offered Courses and available research Labs in the short term program.
Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements (a-f).
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a partner university (or other institution designated by the Ministry of Science, Research and Education) for the entire period of this program.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed at least two full years of study in a bachelor’s degree program by the time the summer program begins. Applicants must remain enrolled at their current home university/institution until the program ends.
- Applicants must have a strong record of excellent academic performance.
- Overseas applicants must familiar with Persian language or have a high level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 75, or an IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants must have not taken part in any summer program at the other universities.
- Students must dedicate themselves fully to participation in the summer program. Students may not take any courses or be employed during the program. Additionally, all students must be able to attend the program for its entire duration.
- Students must live in the accommodation provided by University of Bonab.
- Students must respect the work of all laboratory members, participate in activities in the laboratory (including daily life activities), and attend laboratory meetings/gatherings.
- Students must attend all required activities and social events.
- At the conclusion of the program, students must submit a program report to the School of Engineering.
Number of participants:
Maximum 20 students
- Stipend: RLs 100,000 (fixed; amount independent of course number)
- Calculate your total payment in exchange for each lesson with 3 credits in the table find here.
- Accommodation: off-campus accommodation
- Personal statement 【Word Form】
- Current educational information 【Excel Form】
- Official certificate of enrollment
- Undergraduate academic transcript (for undergraduate students and graduate students)
Certified academic transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended (from freshman year to the present).
- Graduate academic transcript (for graduate students) Certified academic transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended (from the first year of graduate school to the present).
Office of International Scientific Cooperation Affairs
The University of Bonab
Address: Vellayat Highway, Bonab, East Azarbaijan, Iran.
E-mail: info [at] bonabu.ac.ir
Q: When will online applications be available?
A: Online applications are scheduled to become available on November 15.
Q: What is an “official certificate of enrollment”?
A: It is a certificate issued by your university’s student administration office. It has your university’s seal and the registrar’s signature.
Q: I am in my final year at my university and my graduation date will be August 15, after the end of the Summer Program. Am I still eligible to apply?
A: Yes. If you remain enrolled in your degree program, you are eligible for application.
Q: I am in the final year of a bachelor’s/master’s course and I will be enrolled in a master’s/doctoral course after this term ends. Am I eligible to apply?
A: If your courses are integrated (meaning that you will continue to be enrolled at a university and you can prove your enrollment during the entire summer period), you are eligible. If you graduate before or during summer and are not enrolled as a student at any university, you are not eligible.
Q: Is prior knowledge of Iranian culture required?
A: No, the proficiency about Iran is not necessary.
Q: I have not taken either TOEFL or IELTS, but I have a specific English test score. Can I submit this score?
A: Yes, please submit the test score.
Q: Do I need to contact the host professor at The University of Bonab?
A: No, you don't need to contact your professor in advance. Selection will be done via the submitted documents.